Then it was onto getting the final fit of the rear window to Canopy. During construction I left both about 1/32 too long so that I could really nail the final fit after I riveted the front skin, which effects canopy forward aft location. Now that I am reasonably sure the canopy won’t move much, or at least that I can control its movement (with my forward stop mod I built in about a year ago) it was time to final fit this thing. Lots of sanding and the rear window was in and out about 6 times, but I finally zeroed in on it and got the canopy to close. I used a long straight sanding bar and am really surprised how accurate I got the fit between the canopy and window. Looking at it, the seam is extremely straight and uniform. I am a little shy of 1/16 inch gap so I might open it up a small bit more to allow for expansion etc.. Right now, I don’t even think water would drip through due to surface tension.
At this point with the lugs done and canopy/rear window fit, the plane is ready to head to the airport !