I am now 8 flights into phase one and up to about 12.5 hours on the airframe. Things are going well and I am just starting to get my head around some of the things I want to work on. I don’t have a heavy wing so that is good, most RV’s come off the line with the need to address what is perceived as a heavy wing. The airplane also seems to be fairly well coordinated, although I do find myself resting my right foot on the pedal to keep the slip ball exactly centered.. I still need to get the gear and leg fairings on before I do any adjustment to coordination though.
I changed the oil at about 5.5 Tach hours, looked at the oil screen, found nothing, cut open the filter, found nothing.. Very happy with that.
My Oil temp does seem to be a little low at 160, probably due to the northwest temps, but I might put some reflective heat tape on the cooler to see if I can raise it up to the 170-80 mark or so.
Fixed the canopy air exiting noise by using some stick on felt over the roll bar, makes it a bit harder to lock the canopy down, but the reward is a clean seal that is soft on the plexi to boot.
My morning flight today before work rewarded me with nice views of the Tulips over Skagit Valley. I also did a stop and go at Arlington which is the first time my RV has touched any surface besides Paine Field. Its only about 12 miles or so, but was so exciting to actually touch down somewhere new for my RV !