I thought it would be a good time ( with F-706 accessible in the aft fuse ) to build out the servo mount for the Autopilot. So I ran over to Dynon at lunch and picked up the kit for their pitch servo. Pretty simple kit, easy to install right ? Well it should be but I made a bonehead move due to my haste (and the heat this week in Seattle).. If you lose focus for one second, it can have bad effects; sometimes devastating. Luckily here, only the autopilot bracket was ruined.. Rather than F706 or worse yet, the bottom skin of the tail cone ! ! (Pics to come)
Anyway, for some reason I didn't have the clecos in all the way and as I clamped the bracket down, it pushed the bottom skin away from 706 when I drilled. Needless to say, the holes didn't line up on the test fit.. and I put things away for the night to cool down..
Silver Lining.. I emailed Dynon today and told them I couldn't be the only one to do a bonehead move like this... They responded:
"Sorry Sir, but you are the only one to do this boneheaded move. :) Come on in and I will get you another bracket or I can mail it to you."
So on my way back to Dynon tomorrow for the replacement and I should have a servo mount in by the weekend.
Thanks Dynon! Now get back to work on that Arinc 429 module... ;-)
Post a Comment