Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Canopy Cutting day 6/7 and other canopy frame work

I haven’t posted for a while mainly due to the whole two steps forward one step backward routine that seems to go on with building an RV.   I was able to continue cutting the canopy until it is about 99% fitting to the canopy frame.  Before the final fit and drilling I decided it was time to work on the canopy frame..  Deburring, dimpling/countersinking and prepping for riveting.   There is a ton of work to do on this piece and I am starting to not like this chunk of metal.  The glare shield does not fit well to the frame and work needs to be done to improve the fit, but nothing discussed in the plans.   I am trying alternatives with marginal success.   I think I am going to just go with some standard aluminum shims in the end.   I tried working with metal epoxy, but the stuff just isn’t strong enough for my comfort.  So it is back to the grinder for me to form some shims.  I was able to debur dimple the entire frame and skin including the holes to mount the strut support.   I also started working with the canopy frame reinforcement which I hope to be able to talk more about in a future entry…   Making progress, just slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places we have been in our RV-7 ! (Blue 2013, Yellow 2014, Green 2015, Purple 2016, Red 2017)