Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Right Elevator Final Assembly

Bekah's back and I have the camera again so will resume my updates. Lots of work on the right elevator, backriveting skins, bending with the bending brake, Skeleton assembly etc.. Went fairly straight forward and was similar to the rudder.
When I was triming the counterweight I noticed that it had an air bubble in the original mold that was about the size of a marble.. I ended up taking some of the left over lead and melted it down and poured it into the hole filling it up. You can kind of see the outline in this picture. Was suprized to see, but easily solvable problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places we have been in our RV-7 ! (Blue 2013, Yellow 2014, Green 2015, Purple 2016, Red 2017)