Today was a big day on the project. I spent the entire day up at the hangar and got a majority of the wingtip install complete. I still have to drill out and install almost 100 nutplates, plus run the wiring for lighting, Nav Antenna, and even do some more fiberglass work, but for now I at least was able to drill, cleco and lock down the position of the tips. I am really happy how they turned out, almost 100% in line with both the flaps and the ailerons. I took some photos to try to show how they lined up. The plane is now looking great and the wingtips really add to the finished look. I took a couple extra pics because it looks soo cool..
I also drilled and riveted in the wing tip rib per the plans. I haven’t riveted this yet since I need to prime the rib and also not sure which rivets I should use. The plans don’t really call out rivets for this rib, but I assume the intention is the pop rivets that vans suggests you use for the tip. In this case I might use solid rivets, but need to ask around first.