Onto the cowling. I am happy the way it turned out, but after the fact realized I used the wrong hinges to secure the upper and lower cowl. I used the hinge that was intended for the gear leg fairings. It’s a very slightly smaller hinge and I assumed it looked good for the job. Also, the hinge I was supposed to use I had previously used somewhere along the line, probably for the seat backs, so I will need to order more. The fix will be easy, just bummed due to the time involved. But that said, the cowling now completely supports itself and I am really happy with the tightness and flush-ness of the install. Hopefully when I replace the forward hinges I will be able to keep it the same.
Also, this weekend we had good weather for the first time since I could remember, so I pulled the plane out and let her see the sun for a while..