Below are some pics of the mounting of the vertical stab. Note that it is Offset at the tip 1/4 inch from center line, to account for torque and p-factor etc from the prop. This is intended to allow straight flight with no control inputs during cruise.. Also, you can see that I drilled the 3 main holes that go through the stab and the tails spring holder. These were critical holes drilled blindly, but I was able to get good edge distance on all of them.
I also went on to working the rudder bottom fairing.. This was a bit tricky because you need to remove some of the top forward part of it to ensure the bottom is high enough to clear the tail spring.. I leveraged some other sites (Mike's RV-7 rudder fairing) for information on this, but think I got it fairly well nailed. It looks good too.. In my case I wanted it removable so I could maintain the light that will be on the very aft point. I just need to drill a couple additional holes for wiring and I will be good to go.