Today was a long day deburring and countersinking firewall parts. I really tore through this stuff and actuallly got the metal ready for and even completed priming! I also dimpled the firewall and did what I could to debur the holes. They were all pretty clean so not a lot of deburing was necessary. Again Emery cloth worked out well.. Even after the dimples, I was able to run some cloth along the back to further smooth out any sharpies. I don't want to ruin my debur bit, so didn't use it all all on the stainless.
I did find that Stainless dimples pretty well, almost no difference than aluminum for this procedure..
All in all, I am now ready for the final rivet step on the firewall. After that I move back to finish the Center bulkhead. Then in a week or so is Arlington where I will get to see tons of RVs and talk to lots of other builders.
Post a Comment