Actually earlier in the weekend, I was able to start working on some misc stuff just to keep busy... Also, I don't want to get down to the final stretch and have that huge list of misc items, so I am getting the work in while I can.
I picked up a labeler that prints on heat shrink tubing and started labeling the wires in my wings and installing the terminals. A fellow RV builder down in Arizona tipped me off on the labeler. It's great and hopefully will save lots of time down the road. Also, you can see that I am mounting my HID Landing Light Ballast on the tip and generally finding places for the terminal blocks etc. Nothing is permanent yet, I am using tooling holes where possible to anchor the parts.
Here are the tip and root terminal blocks. I will be using Fast-On connectors on the root so that access is quick and easy when necessary.
I also started working on my Tip Light fixtures. I won't get into the fiberglass work just yet, but wanted to test out building the fixture from scratch. Well, not completely, I had some parts from the Vans kit, but I built most of it myself because I wanted a single light in the tip, and the Van's kits come with two.
Post a Comment