Today I started making progress on the fiberglass tips for the Elevators and Horizontal Stabilizer. I won't get them totally complete by the time the wings come, but will at least get them drilled and in place. Here is the general process for the tips...
1) Ensure the fiberglass flange isn't too long, as it can't be resting internally on any substructure.
2) Cut to General Shape.. best tool for this is a pneumatic die grinder with a cutoff wheel.
3) Pilot Drill into the proper location
4) Epoxy the interior with aluminum strips over pilot holes to give the pop rivets something to grab.
5) Final Drill, Countersink Tips, Dimple skins
6) Close off open areas of the VS and HS Tips with Epoxy/Balsa.. More info on that will be coming.
7) Fill surface cracks and sand, Fill and Sand, Fill and Sand, etc... until smooth..