Since I haven’t been able to get enough time to start cutting on the canopy, I have moved forward a bit out of sequence so that I can at least continue moving. Hopefully I won’t get myself in trouble doing this, but I went ahead and fabricated the rear strut mounts and drilled them to the canopy side rails. Glad I got these done now because I can get them prepped and painted as the canopy frame continues to come together. Also, These buggers are hard as heck to bolt onto these rails.. You need to get back there with a wrench which is not easy.. Also, you must have a 11/32nds combination wrench to do it. I didn’t have one, so needed to pick one up specifically for this job.. I want to take these off one more time for final finish, then get them bolted on forever..
Also, I figured since I wasn't going to be working inside the plane I would set my covers and seat floors in place to get a good look how the interior is coming together. Minus the carpets and leather seats, it is pretty much complete and I am really liking the way it is coming out.. Check out the photos….
Post a Comment